Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Planning For The Twins' birthday

Yes, it is still about 1.5 months to go, my Twins will be 1!!!

I know it could be a bit too early to plan at the moment. But you can't imagine, with work and the twins, it is always not enough time in a day, and Saturday and Sunday just gone passed without you knowing it.

I was born in a kampung. My family were really poor people. We did not have toilet in the house and I have never have birthday cakes, new clothes and even 'Ribena' when I was a kid. 

Now, I am going to plan and spend money for the twins' 1st birthday which they may not remembered and I am pretty sure that they don't even know what is going on that day. Now days, parents are going extra mile just to try to make things perfect for their little one(s).

My plan:-

1. A Theme
2. A Cake
3. A party planner
4. A photographer
5. A caterer
6. A guest list
7. Door gift/party packs.


Ok just want to share with mummy out there what I have done about the plan.


1. Theme

My 3 children enjoy watching 'Dibo the gift Dragon' on Playhouse Disney. So, this just come to my mind.

2. Cake

I am not a supporter of cupcakes and novelty cake. I attended few parties, but most of the people just got rid of the frosting as they are too sweet and thick. However, to make the theme look perfect, I have no choice but resorting to novelty cake. And, I found Jessica, the creator, the sculptor of cupcakes and novelty. You must check out her blogspot in my list. She is good. I have sort of discussed my idea with her. She is so enthusiastic about what she is going to do and proposed lots of difficult and complicated design. In view of the budget, I have asked for much more simple 2D cake. The idea is something like this but with the 'Dibo' theme and colors that signify the different sex of the twins.





3. Party Planner

I have come to know this creative party planner - razzle dazzle party box. You can click on my blog lists and try to visit her site. She is creative. As she is not available on the date of my Twins' birthday.  I have opted for Package A where no site attendance is required. The packages comprises of :

  • Balloon Bouquet
  • Personalised Party Displays
  • Personalised Birthday Pennant
  • Personalised Chocolate Bars
  • Personalised Mineral Bottles
  • Personalised Cupcake Tags
This is some of her work of a similar package that I have ordered from her.




4. Photographers

Anna-rina has been our family photographer for 2 sessions. So she is automatically becomes our choice. Again, her website is also under my blog lists. These are some of the photo taken by her during our last session.

The Twins and their grand parents

Angie and the Twins


5. Caterer

I heard of some good comments of Banana Catering (belong to Zang Toi) but after considering those advertised in China Press, those caterers are offering like 20 dishes comprised of fish, squid, chicken and etc. I think most people would prefer lots to eat and lots of choices. I have not set my mind but I think that's way it is going to go.


6. Guest list

I have prepared the guest list but it seems like add -on more and more each day. Alamak!!! Ok, I think I need to take control. Limit, limit, 50 pax excluding children!!


7. Door gift / party packs

My eldest son always bring back party packs from the Vital Year from those children who celebrated their birthday there. My personal opinion, they are mainly junk and I don't like him to take sweets too much. So, most of them usually gone to waste.

I am very proud of this finding. I managed to find some wall stickers, they are big and meant to stick to the room for decoration purposes. They are beautiful and they only cost RM 10.00 for 4 pieces. The seller even chipped in a few free one for me. There are theme like Ben 10, Mickey mouse, floral, abstract art and etc. I believe children will like things like this. Can't believe some of them are selling like RM7.00-RM10.00 per piece. That is why I am proud of my 'hunt'.










Ok will promise to post the birthday photos after the party.

2 comments:

  1. Hi dear, i have a client who is looking for a Party decoration like banner etc of Dibo the gift dragon. May i know where can i get it & how much will it cost? Thank you so much if you could reply me it would mean a lot for her as she is planning it for her 1yr old son :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dear, I notice you are from Singapore. My party planner is based in KL but i think it shouldn't be a problem on the delivery arrangement. To get the contact on my party planner, you can just click on my blog list on the party planner. From there, you should be able to get in touch with her.

    However, if you may also contact her via email : raztutera@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete