Sunday, February 17, 2013

Maid-less for 2 Weeks!

We survived 2 weeks without a maid during the Xmas and new year period. Our maid went back home for her break. We have finally agreed a deal with her that she can go back home yearly for 2 weeks but with the condition that she must work with her for a longer period e.g 5 years. Even with this agreement, we were worried that she may not be back after the break. My friends were telling me to hold her money but in actual fact, she spent most of her money home every month and the balance, she spent them when during her break days. I kept telling her how important to have her saving, however, things seems to happen and need money to resolve back at her home!

Ok, our survival plan, my husband took the whole Christmas week off work. I have to work in the morning and take the afternoon off. My husband will let the kids wake up late, lepak in their pyjamas and eat junk for breakfast, watch TV again and again and sometimes ipads for the kids to play. When I finished work, I will get back and get them lunch. After lunch, they were allowed to watch TV or play till 2pm and then nap time. During their nap time, I will try to get housework done and prepare dinner. All these went well without a problem, a bit tired but we can get through without problem. I kept telling the kids that they have to help us out and fair enough, they were quite co-operative, like help to set up table during meal time, bring their own dishes to kitchen and put their dirty clothes in laundry basket and etc.

We even managed to host Xmas lunch and cook the lunch ourselves during Xmas.

It was quite a good way in spending some quality time with them and get them to participate in house works.

The following week, kids go back to school. So, it was just me picking them up from school and handling 3 of them by myself but I enjoyed it.

Now life is back to normal and thank God, the maid came back eventually.

If you ask me, will I do this for a long time and become a stay home mom? The answer is definitely 'NO". It is a 24/7 job with no break, no public holiday, no medical leave, no bonuses!


No comments:

Post a Comment