Monday, August 5, 2013

First Fishing Experience

We were invited by a close friend for a fishing trip at their private fishing pond. The children were pretty excited about the fishing idea.

We packed up some snacks and drinks and went for it. It was really a sunny/hot day but we did it and the kids enjoyed including hubby too. It was amazingly easy to catch a fish. I think among the kids and hubby, they caught about 10-12 fish.



My little princess, K, who is the 'gangster' of the house was surprisingly patient, calm and focus in this activity. She wanted to do everything herself from preparing the bait, throwing out the bait and winding up when get fish. This is the only time that I hardly find myself shouting at her. This girl is really a tough girl and they boys were not able to do everything that she did by herself.


I am glad this is a sort of like back to 'kampung' life or how we use to grow up life for them. The owner of the pond even get them to pick up rubbish around the pond. I am glad that they participate without any complaint.


and, they got to see worm!!! and enjoying it!



Here are some 'actions' photos taken by my friend of the kids playing around the pond.




We have steamed fish too for dinner that day and the kids were very proud of their 'catch' of the day!

Once again, my friend, EC, if you are reading this, thank you for the invitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment