Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My Infertility Issues





I got married in year 2000. I was 30 and my husband was 35 back then. We have even secretly trying for a baby before our wedding day.

As time past, friends/neighbours/relatives surrounded us started to get pregnant, having babies and with children running around. What we felt was jealous, jealous and jealous!!

In year 2002, after much of a prep-talk to myself. I decided to brave myself to visit a gynaecologist. I was diagnosed with endometriosis and has a blood cyst of 9cm big. I went for a keyholes surgery and a 7 months of treatment.

Year after year, consultation after consultation, check up after check ups. I was still not pregnant!

In year 2005, I met my friend who is a gynaecologist herself, was having problem to conceive. She was finally pregnant with twins. She said to me " if you trust me as a friend, please go and see Dr. Prashant"

I went straight away and again there was cyst problem with me. I underwent another surgery and a series of infertility treatment. Yes, finally I was pregnant in Year 2007 and given birth to my eldest son in Year 2008. I remember very well about the phone call from the Doctor's office to my husband while he was in Jakarta. He said 'OK' and was shocked with the news and demanded the Doctor to sms him to confirm the news. I was stunt too when he called me about that.

I must thank my husband for his support and patient for the wait for a child all these year.

As my husband wanted another child and I was already 38 when I gave birth to my eldest son, I know I have to do this quickly. Yes, I have given birth to my twins, a boy and a girl in year 2009.

I must say we are really blessed. Even with all the stress and money spent, at the end, we would say, it is all worth it. Looking at my 3 beautiful children, they matter to me.

Also, i would have to thank my family members who has pray hard for us and my friends, neighbours who care for us so much.

I decided to start this blogspot with the intention to share my journey of getting pregnant and my treatment to ladies out there who has been trying hard for a baby.

I have recommended the Doctor to my friends and they have managed to get pregnant even at the age of 42. I told my friend, I am like a direct selling person, who is trying to get my friends to go and see my doctor and overjoy by their news when they sms or call me that they are pregnant!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment