Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Getting Good Deal-Baby Clothing and Equipment

Now that I have 3 children, I need to spend wisely and constantly in look up for good deals. This include basic tasks like browse through your Friday and weekend paper for the discount wars among the hypermarkets especially diapers and milk formula offers.

I am proud that I have so far, maybe once or twice bought the normal rack rate of Mamypoko in range of RM56.90. I usually got the deal around RM40.99-RM43.99. It was crazy 2 weeks ago, when Tesco was selling Enfagrow A+ at RM79.99, the original rack rate is around RM107.99. One family is only entitle to purchase 5 tins. So, my husband and myself went early in the morning and pretended we do not know each other and paid for the 5 tins each in separate counters.



Baby equipment : For those first time parents, if you can,  try to get 2nd hand stuff like; baby cot, walker, stroller, bath tub (the big items) from your friends or relatives. It is really no point getting the new ones, your baby grows out of them without you even realise it. If you can't, try MYDEAR's warehouse sale. I think they usually have it in 3 months interval around Mar, June, Sept and Dec. I find the quality of their products are acceptable, the prices are very reasonable for short term use. So, if you are pregnant now, do plan wisely to get this good deal. They are situated somewhere in Puchong. They will usually advertise in major newspapers.

Clothes: I searched on website for wholesale dealer and negotiate a deal of able to mix and match purchase but with condition of each purchase must be at least RM500. I went there sometimes with my friend and sometime just my own once or twice in a year. With the 3 children now, you can easily achieve the minimum purchase in no time. You can really get good deal from the wholesaler. For example, a size 2T-3T boy polo shirt, may cost you RM39.90-RM59.90 but only RM16-RM22 at wholesale price. They are mainly branded stock overrun for brands like, Polo, Burberry, Zara, CK and etc. Baby romper will cost around RM5-RM10. For those Carter brand baby rompers, a set of 5; may cost only RM20-25.

You can also visit www.onlinebabywear.com, they are selling clothes slightly above wholesale price but still much cheaper than those selling in shops or other online stores.

Getting rid of used stuff : If I have friend to loan to or give away some of my children's stuff, I will be happy to do so or donation but some of the stuffs you have, are hardly being used and still on very good condition. I sell them online. Mudah.com is a very good platform. I have sold the children's walker, baby cot, high chair, winter clothing, stroller and etc. via the website. The money collected from the sale will usually go to  the children's milk formula kitty!

It is not easy, financially; with even just a child nowadays. Visit to doctor, injections, their food, milk formula, education and your hospital bill to give birth cost great deal of money. You may have extra costs like extra maid, bigger car or bigger house if you are having twins or more!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment