Monday, October 31, 2011

Cooking

I am never a very adventurous cook. Most meals are simple and easy to prepare type of cooking. Our Filipino maids, they are not really good cook. When I discussed with my friends about the maids' cooking, they asked me whether I noticed or not, there are hardly any Filipino restaurants around. Yeah! that's explained whey their cooking are not the best. 

I usually prepared western meal for dinner includes chops, steaks, pasta, fish and occasionally 1 night with fried noddles or tom yam noddles. I cook rice and dishes mostly on Saturday and Sunday. The children's meals are mainly cook by the maids. They usually have rice or porridge with some meat, vegetables or soup and sometimes some simple western food like nuggets, fish and chips or sausages.

I started to be more adventurous when Jack started asking about making cupcakes and bring to school for his friends. I started with cupcakes, then muffin, then cookies, jelly, pudding, then finally ventured into other Western, Chinese dishes or anything that interest me, or the cooking method is not so complicated or the ingredients are not too difficult to find. I started this most probably 2 months ago. I started to have interest in recipe posted on blogs or website. 

I have previously done some other cooking but have forgotten to take some photos of them. However, last Sunday, I tried the roast pork (siew yok), so easy to make and also, a successful one! Then, I decided to make the cornflakes, raisin cookies, too! All Successful! Children loved them, maids and husband approved the roast pork. What can I say more! A very satisfied mother and wife!

So, I am going to share some of these recipes, which I have tried ( approved it) in separate posting. Hopefully, some mothers out there could have a go and enjoy the compliment from your children or family when it is a success case! Also, enjoy the moment to be able to do things with the children like making cupcakes or decorating the cakes!





No comments:

Post a Comment