Thursday, October 13, 2011

Should you keep secret about your IVF treatment?

I have kept my IVF treatment as a secret for quite some years. I only revealed this to a few family members and close friends, and to people who read my blog. I do not know why I do that, most probably with the perception that people will react by saying"oh, no wonder! so long got no children". I guess people may have figured out why I got the twins but some people will still asked me "do you have any 'twins' history in yours or husband's family?"

A few months back, Dr. Prashant's office contacted me to seek my permission to use my children and family's photos for their website. I struggled with that idea, to reveal or not to reveal? 

I spoken to one of my friend and he thinks that is nothing wrong or illegal for what I have done. Infertility is a very common problem and when my children grown up and able to understand, then, I should explain to them that mummy and daddy got some problem and have seek medical help and this is how, they come to the world and join the family. That conversation has actually changed my mindset and after speaking to my husband, we consented the clinic to use the children photos but not the one with us.

Our beautiful daughter's photo is on their homepage http://www.klfertility.com/ and the rest of the gang can be found here http://www.klfertility.com/fertility-treatment/frozen-embryos/

Actually, I felt honour to be able to be selected by Dr. Prashant, out of his thousands and thousands of success cases. Two months back, the clinic called to seek permission again to use my children's photos for their brochure. We consented that without any hesitance.



From now onwards, I am not going to shy away from people's question whether or not I seek IVF treatment and feel great with my blog followers, who, some of them, become my friends, visited my home and children and some, who seek advice and successfully got pregnant. This is great thing, I am able to share my journey and help others with theirs, too!

6 comments:

  1. HI Arlene, I stumbled across your blog when I was searching for IVF treatment in Msia. Personally your experience gave me a lot of encouragement to rectify what's not optimal in order to achieve my dream of having kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, CEO,

    Thanks for visiting my blog. If there is a will, it will be a possibility. Never try, never know! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Arlene,

    You have to be proud of yourself! Because you kids really lovely and adorable. And your kindness do give a lot people hopes and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anglebb,

    Thank you for your comment. I have to, as I am the survival of the journey, my friend helped me before, with her great words " if you trust me as a friend, you must go and see this Doctor". What a serious statement from a friend, right? I am doing the same with my friends or visitors and hopefully, they, too be successful!This is not an easy journey but at the end it was all worthwhile. I feel great myself, un-mentionable happiness, if people manage to get pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. I've found it really useful. Thanks a lot.
    ivf treatment

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post..Egg donation offers a chance of pregnancy to women who are unable to get pregnant
    Egg Donor

    ReplyDelete